Friday, May 17, 2013

GA turndown

I kind of did something contradictory to what I'm supposed to be doing this summer. This summer was supposed to be one where I do a whole lot of stuff. Unfortunately, this story is about me turning something down.

I got contacted for a Graduate Assistant position, interviewed and got accepted. That was pretty cool since I'd have a chance to earn some tuition money and learn from a mentor. What wasn't good was that I'd have to do that on top of my 5 classes and internship. It might sound like a bad excuse but that's what I told the professor and turned the offer down.

I tried to make up for it by looking for a replacement for the position and luckily I did.

That was two weeks ago and I keep wondering if I should have just taken it and work like crazy this summer. I guess I was also trying to free myself up for other things, or I'm giving myself more reason to do well in my current classes. I'll never know if I made the right decision until the end of this summer.


Live with your decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment